Warning: Division by zero in /home/finca_admin/fincacarpediem.com/wp-content/themes/finca-carpe-diem/includes/cards/card-room.php on line 18
$ 30.000 - $ 35.000 COP
Finca Carpe Diem is a hostel, eco-farm and nature reserve; a land of cacao, coffee and gorgeous waterfalls near Minca and Santa Marta.
What do we offer?
– Two swimming pools with large terraces. The new one (September 2017) offers a spectacular view over the surrounding mountains.
– Located alongside a crystalline river with private entrances, dozens of swimming holes and impressive waterfalls nearby (some are over 40 meters high).
– All rooms come with air conditioning or natural rooftop materials so you have a good rest at all times.
– All beds have first quality mattresses. Most private rooms are provided with King size mattresses and cotton bed linen.
– A lounge with comfortable seats, and three kogi-styled huts with lots of hammocks to relax.
– Brand new 4-bed dorms and communal areas (September 2017) provide breathtaking views over the surrounding mountains.
– Lovely restaurant with food a la carte. Daily you can choose between meat, fish, pasta and lots of vegetarian dishes. Our breakfast comes with homemade bread.
– Fully equipped guest kitchen with refrigerator, stove, oven and other cooking instruments. – no shops here, so buy your groceries in Santa Marta
– Unique excursions within short walking distance to coffee and cacao farms, lost cities, nature reserves, private 360° viewpoints, waterfalls and birding places.
– Important: you will be on a Colombian finca. There is loooots of space and nature on all sides. You will find a peaceful, relaxing and comfortable environment that is hard to find elsewhere.
Do not go to Minca to get here, instead travel straight Santa Marta – Bonda – Paso del Mango (only 45 minutes) and read the instructions under How To Get Here carefully.
We accept creadit cards for which we charge 6%.
Learn more about usHow to get here
Beautiful 35 m2 cabin in the middle of the the hills, where the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta is located. An incredible pool at only a few meters outside the room. Indigenous styled roof, made with palms from the tropical forest. Luxury private bathroom with all services and trimmings, very comfortable king size mattress of the best...
Carpe Diem’s restaurant is known for its delicious specialties from the Belgian, Colombian and international cuisine.
We serve over more than four different kinds of breakfasts, including pancakes with homemade honey and fruits from the farm. Other breakfasts come with our homemade delicious bread, natural juices from the farm, marmalade, organic coffee and other ingredients that are locally produced.
The restaurant serves delicious dishes of the Colombian and international cuisine, including the best quality seafood, fish, meat, pastas and vegetarian dishes.
Most of our plates come with fresh vegetables, often from our farm.
This is a full restaurant so guests can always choose between some 20 dishes. We also serve entrees and desserts, including homemade lemon ice.
Minca and surroundings: what to do and where to stay? Minca is a small but well-travelled town in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta in the Northern part of colombia. In recent years tourism has grown a lot, and there are many things to undertake, basically outdoor activities. We noticed visitors head off...
I’m a big fan of trail running, because it combines the beauty of nature with adventure and challenge. While reading another blog about hiking between Paso del Mango and Minca, I got the idea to try to do the same trail, running. I was especially attracted by the promising words: “steep – many turns –...
Getting to Minca Another day, another adventure out of Paso del Mango to the well travelled and nearby town of Minca. Leaving at about 8am by moto taxi, it took more or less 45 minutes and 25.000 COP to get to the town of Minca. There is no ATM in Minca so on the way,...