About Carpe Diem
Finca Carpe Diem is a hostel, eco-farm and nature reserve; a land of cacao, coffee and gorgeous waterfalls near Minca and Santa Marta.
What do we offer?
– Two swimming pools with large terraces. The new one (September 2017) offers a spectacular view over the surrounding mountains.
– Located alongside a crystalline river with private entrances, dozens of swimming holes and impressive waterfalls nearby (some are over 40 meters high).
– All rooms come with air conditioning or natural rooftop materials so you have a good rest at all times.
– All beds have first quality mattresses. Most private rooms are provided with King size mattresses and cotton bed linen.
– A lounge with comfortable seats, and three kogi-styled huts with lots of hammocks to relax.
– Brand new 4-bed dorms and communal areas (September 2017) provide breathtaking views over the surrounding mountains.
– Lovely restaurant with food a la carte. Daily you can choose between meat, fish, pasta and lots of vegetarian dishes. Our breakfast comes with homemade bread.
– Fully equipped guest kitchen with refrigerator, stove, oven and other cooking instruments. – no shops here, so buy your groceries in Santa Marta
– Unique excursions within short walking distance to coffee and cacao farms, lost cities, nature reserves, private 360° viewpoints, waterfalls and birding places.
– Important: you will be on a Colombian finca. There is loooots of space and nature on all sides. You will find a peaceful, relaxing and comfortable environment that is hard to find elsewhere.
Do not go to Minca to get here, instead travel straight Santa Marta – Bonda – Paso del Mango (only 45 minutes) and read the instructions under How To Get Here carefully.
We accept creadit cards for which we charge 6%.
Learn more about usHow to get here