About Carpe Diem
Finca Carpe Diem is an eco-resort in the middle of the jungle near Minca. Relax in one of our swimming pools while having stunning views over mountains and endless virgin forests. Truly, you will feel completely disconnected. Discover a land of cacao, coffee and gorgeous waterfalls. Or chill out with a cold beer in one of our hammock areas, feel one with nature and listen to the sound of the river.
Our exact location is beautifully called Paso del Mango, so please read directions carefully before traveling.
What do we offer?
– The guesthouse is located right within our farm and nature reserve. You will be surrounded by mountains, rivers and forests on every side.
– Three swimming pools with large terraces. The new one (July of 2018) offers a spectacular view over the surrounding mountains and jungle.
– Located alongside a crystalline river with private entrances, dozens of swimming holes and impressive waterfalls nearby (some are over 40 meters high).
– Unique excursions within short walking distance to coffee and cacao farms, lost cities, nature reserves, private 360° viewpoints, waterfalls and birding places.
– Some rooms come with air conditioning or natural rooftop materials so you have a good rest at all times.
– All beds have first quality mattresses. Most private rooms are provided with King size mattresses and cotton bed linen.
– A lounge with comfortable seats, and three kogi-styled huts with lots of hammocks to relax.
– Brand new 4-bed dorms and communal areas (September 2018) provide breathtaking views over the forests.
– Unique restaurant with food a la carte. Daily you can choose between meat, fish or vegetarian dishes. Our breakfast comes with homemade bread.Try our Colombian styled goat stew, straight from our farm.
– We are committed to social and environmental goals. For example, we are undertaking a tree planting project. Also, all our staff lives in the village nearby and we work with locally manufactured ingredients, often from our own farm.
– Important: you will be on a Colombian finca. There is loooots of space and nature on all sides. You will find a peaceful, relaxing and comfortable environment that is hard to find elsewhere.
Do not go to Minca to get here, instead travel straight Santa Marta – Bonda – Paso del Mango (only 45 minutes) and read the instructions under How To Get Here carefully.
We accept creadit cards for which we charge 6%.
Learn more about us
How to get here